Wednesday, December 5, 2012

State Champ Recap

Race recap. Got there 3 hours early. Got to the start line only 5 minutes till. Bad idea. Started in the back. Gotta remember those sandbaggers love to line up early. Anyway, crashed within first 30 seconds of the start. Some kid just straight up unclipped his floppy legs and tumbled himself to the ground right in front of me... leaving me with two not so awesome options. First would have been to ride over his mangled bike and body. He crashed so he can deal with it and I can stay on my bicycle. but that would have been so so unsportsmanlyish.  But I ceased up and crashed into him. The second option would have been to do that turning thing I learned about last time, and simply ride around him. Silly me. -_-

Back on my feet, or bike rather, I slowly raced my way from about 3rd to last, to somewhere in the top 20's or so. The corse was pretty awesome. One run up, a set of barriers, and of corse the sand pit. The sand pit was awesome. Saw plenty of crashes and experienced a few more myself. All in all, only 13 fellow sandbaggers finished before me sunday. I was satisfied with that.

 I was utterly unimpressed with charlotte spectators.. Only 2 people haggled me the entire race. And no handups were given. A mer "you suck" from like 5 other people would have been appreciated.

I tried sprinting the guy in front of me at the end. But he had like a 30 meter lead. So that didn't really work out, but it did result in an cool photograph showing my intensity. But I don't quite remember making that look on my face...

Photo by Weldon Weaver
Over all very fun race. I was also very pleased to have beat the evil ginger wearing a giant green sombrero.

My friend Timmy
Some of the great escapades of the sand...

Murhahchahah - Photo by Stacy - but with my camera
I spent an hour cleaning out sand from areas of my bicycle today. Oh well, just an excuse to spend quality time with her.

On to a different subject. Orbea bikes. I can't say I hate them, because I have never ridden one. But still, they made some ugly stuff for a while. And I happend to find a little mistake on their website.

Chain boner?

Junk. Complete junk. Okay, not really. But I posted this on their FB page with a link to a website showing how to loosen stiff links. Can't wait for a response. Hopefully they don't just delete it.

Also, whats up with the Orbea logo being so identical to eastons (easton alloy) EA mark? Geeze go and find some originality guys. Or whoever ever came second.

hmmmm, fishy...

In any case I won't be owning an Orbea anytime soon. 

 I would rather ride a Target, thruster fixie...


Which recently, sense monday, I do.

Equipped with real handlebars. 

 I immediately took off all brakes, chain guards and other plastics like reflectors and anything related to the word safety. Mostly with a hammer, but with a wrench when required. And then road around doing fixie skid stops like all the cool hipsters do. 

Fifteen minutes later, 

What a piece 
I had enough life risking hipster fun for one night.











No comments:

Post a Comment