Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ouchie

So far I've stuck well to the whole plan of getting to one thousand miles. Currently, with photographic evidence...


Now if I just don't get too lazy with my new netflix subscription, which bytheway, rocks. But has left me sleeping in to like 11am. That's so abnormal for me, but, but, breaking bad is just soo good!

I did have a slight setback sunday. Which is really calling it more than it is. But I needed an excuse to not ride.

As I was about to enter the trail at the park, like, I havent even seen the stupid trail yet, I had this stupid crash. It was like so stupid. The trail is right off the park road, and I usually swing way left in the road, and cut a sharp right turn into the trailhead so I don't loose much momentum. I do this so often, I don't think about it much anymore. It's like one of the absid minded things, or a routine of some sort, you don't have to think of how you're going to do it, muscle memory just kicks in and you don't really focus on what is it your doing.

Anyhow, back to the story, I did this exact same "routine turn" and immediately was thrown to the ground. My ignorant self was absent to the fact that the ground was still wet. Wet surfaces tend to be slicker than dry ones. So to look on the bright side of life, my wounds are probably not as bad as they could be if the ground was dry and a bit rougher? lol

Showers have felt like mean people shooting acid into my skin or something

After a few terribly uncensored sentences of which hopefully nobody could hear, I quickly got up, and tried not to look like a noob. Walked my bike to the edge of the road and sat down, trying to shake off the sting. Right as I did so, a small truck drove by me. I pretended to not noticed, I hate when people ask If im okay when I so clearly am. It feels like your mother asking if you need your diaper changed or something of the sort. The truck passed, and I was like "sheww, they don't care!" but then it came to a stop. And turned around... -_-

I put on the biggest phony ass smile you'd ever seen. I said, "Thanks so much for turning around, but I'm quite alright, just shaking it off for a moment." The lady said, "Ohhh, we thought you were stretching at first, but then it looked like you were hurt, bless your heart, you look terrible!" It was then I noticed I was actually bleeding. Blah blah, more fake talk, they left. It did feel nice to know random people care though. I'd surly stop for someone who looked hurt, it just feels weird and so embarrassing when you're the one on the ground. Thanks random people.

Too bad it wasn't like a herd of hot college girls in their first year of nursing school that stopped. I would have been like awww damn, im so hurt, help me out? Will you drive me to the bandaid store or something? Idk. Better luck next time. 

So apart from the stings and all, my body was really sore the next two days, and I just didn't ride. But I did come close to a full week of riding. Six days in a row is the best riding I've done in a long long time.

  • 12 laps at Cornal Beatty
  • 4 laps of sherman
  • 1 lap of backyard
I thought I'd be sick of beatty's stupid roots by now. I am sick of them acctually. Guess I just came to accept them. But I'm looking forward to some laps at rocky river, and lake norman soon! Soon as this wet stuff disappears again...

No comments:

Post a Comment