Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finally, last day of school was monday! I've since then ridden my bike every day! (Thats only 3 days..)

Short story to explain main story. Last january, I bought my first bike computer. Can you believe it? I spent like 4 years not knowing my lap times, average speed, max speed, and all the stuff that takes the fun out of riding bikes. This devise I purchased should pretty much just be called a DDDD or 4D, Digital Douchbag Data Devise. Because all it truly does is either make you a blabbering brat who talks smack about their average speed and fast lap times, or takes a "casual ride", and reminds you that you're going under your average speed, and the "casual ride" then becomes competitive and way overworked. Or maybe that only applies to me, but this little red square on my stem hasn't done much more for me.

It has however, reminded me how lazy I've been since January 1st.


Only 726 miles since the beginning of december. In 11 months I should have done much more, and I'm a little disappointed in my performance. So, if effect to help train for the Winter Short Track, and to at least hit a somewhat respectable about of miles, I making myself ride to 1000 miles before the year is up. 

With no school, this should really be easy. But we will see. As of today, Dec 13th im at 834. But I only started riding "seriously" tuesday, the day after school. I plan on blowing my goal out of the waterpark. So wish me luck, or haggle me for being a lazy bowl of leftovers, and tell me to ride more. It's much appreciated. 

I also, plan on doing some more night rides, But not with my Mako 200. 



It defiantly didn't just fall off the roof of my volvo into the road because someone like myself forgot to put it in my bag, no. I was just riding along the trail, and the next thing I know, the defective pice of shit falls apart like those oatmeal cookies I tried to make last week. 

But of the other hand, good job NR, a mere 2 tons of car and the body is still intact! But on the upper hand of life, the 200 lumens of projected light this little guy put out was like worthless compared to the 750 from my mini newt. So it realistically would have just been neglected in the trunk of my car. 

Also, I broke down and ordered another pair of crank brothers because my current ones, well, they creak, and look like this, when they originally looked like this. No matter how often they fail me I continue to use them... silly me. And in the meantime I went ahead and replaced my cleats, and it's pretty obvious why...






No comments:

Post a Comment