Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Very First Ever, Not Second or Third, Post By Me.

December is fast approaching, which means I will be done with school for an entire month! I need something to keep me occupied during that period (Besides riding my bike). So I'm starting another bike blog, in hopes to be an ultra cool guy like Dicky, but most likely failing like the amateur I am and entertaining only 3 or 4 people. Of which all peoples will most likely be my friends who feel sorry for my uninteresting blog. Non the less, I think I just might enjoy it.

I have to give credit to Stacy, who also just started a blog (Stacy Please) for giving me the idea to make my own blog. I, by the way, named his blog. Also, Stacy is a man. Also, he is a way better cyclist than Patrick Clapp.

Most don't know these too rivalries, but I have suspicion that this will create quite the rage from my dear friend patty. >.< To tell the truth, Patrick and Stacy are like twins. Oh boy im getting myself into trouble...

Moving on, I started cross racing for the first time three weeks ago. Boy has it been a slew of fun! I haven't had the chance to race in gritty grimy mud and stuff, but the corses have been super gnarly. Wilkesboro's Sewer Fest put on by Pirate Race Productions was the best so far. Or most challenging really. The corse was probably close to 3 kilometers long and swiveled around a bunch of steep pine forrest hills and stuff. (Pics of the Cat 1 race below) Hats off to the heckling crowd too, I especially appreciated the kind words of one fellow quoting, "Nice Sunglasses! TO BAD YOU SUCK!!" Made my day to say the least. But no sarcasm here, thats the atmosphere, and I enjoyed it. I wish people would tell me I suck more, then I might actually ride faster.






Only five races down since I got whooped at my first race, and I can't wait for the CX state championship coming up on Dec 2nd. Probably going to get a crispy remnant of my own skinny heinie handed to me by a few dozen fellow sandbaggers, but it should be exciting. And I'll be able to say I've raced a state championship for once in my life. And when talking to non-biking people, it just might sound impressive. Hopeful my friend Jake won't skip out on this one. I hope your reading this Jake. You better race with me bro.

Also, please enjoy a picture of my sexy, way bad and too nice for a newb like me, cyclocross bicycle.






No comments:

Post a Comment