Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More things to be a fixin. Like myself.


Woke up with a sore throat this morning. Reallllyyyy hope I don't get sick before the Cross State Championship Sunday... So in a desperate measure to make sure I don't, I swallowed about 2000mg of Vitamin C and gargled some vinegar. For gods sake. Dont gargle vinegar. No matter what someone says about it working on sore throats... Just don't. 

In other news, my Night Rider lights should arrive through mail delivery today!! More on that when actually delivered.. 

On another note, I went for a cruze through Sherman's woods on Saturday. Ended up getting a little too self confident in the width of my bars. Being a narrow 660mm as they are, I don't understand how I get myself into all this trouble. Anywho, only a second after the time of clipping a tree, all of me and my bicycle was in mid air right at the moment I should be thinking about turning. You know, that thing you do to avoid hitting trees. Yeah anyways its called turning, and you can't do it if none of your wheels are on the ground. Especially the front one. So I was hovering off the ground just a fraction too high, directed towards a rather large congregation of trees. Why they decided to get in my way is beyond me. But I guess they just HAD to hang out there on saturday... geesh nature.

The collision happened rather quickly so I don't exactly remember how I may have looked with my face compressed against that particularly large tree. Or exactly how my bike managed to stay under me, but I tried to calm down and bring some feeling back into my hand as quickly as possible. I wanted to still look halfway decent on my bike as those "noobie guys" I had just passed were about to re pass me... crap.

"Oh hey, yeah I'm fine guys, just a little mishap, haha, thanks!"

*waited 3 seconds, continued to moan.. Okay enough wussin around, I shook it off and examined my bike. Bike is fine to my standards. Second Priority, examine self. Sweet! look what I found!


And then I was all like, "wait, theres nothing sharp around here. What did I cut it on?"
Didn't realize what is was till I got back to the car, and unfortunately it was nothing super BA like a brake rotor, or sharp chainring. It was this fagget little ziptie holding ma cables together... lame.





So file down my zip-ties. Got it.

I also came away with this little dude. Nothing hardcore, just an excuse to put up a picture of my quad since you already seen my calf. 


On an extra other note, remember my sad broken licens plate? That changed this morning!
I dug around for some epoxy for a while, found an old tube and spent like 10 minutes scraping off old glue obstructing the hole of fresh glue. Then I cut up a yogurt lid for a new backing. And glued away!




The epoxy said like 1 minute setup. And a minute had come by like a minute ago and Im not patient.  So I dug around some more and found some tubes of like older than me jb weld. Okay ill give that a shot.


Der I fixed it!
Whalah! Im back in business!  


And then I was like oh yeah I forgot to clean up! And there goes my flat head screwdriver. Forever stuck on a tacobell lid...




That is all.

















No comments:

Post a Comment