Thursday, November 22, 2012

Its that time to be thankful!

Good afternoon, and Happy Thanksgiving! Started the day off just right with a little 30 mile cruze around marvin. Great to see so many people out riding this morning. I have to say, riding on holidays is the best. I've dedicated myself to riding on every holiday this year. Just two more to go!

Let me introduce you to my family. Not my immediate family, my adopted dear little children. Stumpy, Cadd, and Jose. They would also like to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. Just look how happy they all are together!


Stumpy was adopted last may of 2011. She has been the best mountain bike ever. Originally 26lbs out of the box, I whiped this little 29 inch brute into shape over the past year. She's currently sub 24, 23.8 on a good day.

Next is the my lovely new Cannondale, only been in the family 5 or so weeks. But she's fit in quite well, Jose is not too happy about her arrival, as hes been a little neglected the past couple weekends. Got some slicks on her this morning for a road ride. But I'll have the knobies back on before tomorrows little race.

Jose, has been a good commuter/beater steed since around February. Though last month we went on a 180 mile tour on the Green Brier River Trail. Perfect trail for a single speed. I thought I might be regretting it but it was really quite the breeze. Not to mention we took 5 days to do it..

Super chill trip, did it with the guys from work. Just check out the falls colors.




Weather was spectacular for 70% of the trip. The other percent? Well yeah.. 


Lets just say the river was hella cold for washing off.


My phone was dead during most the trip, so I dont have photos of this one town we stopped in. But there was no joke, a roadkill cookoff festival... Only in West Virginia Right? And no, I didn't try any. 


Now get off the computer and go work off that Turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment